Mr Joe was a hardworking staff and known to always meet up with an assigned tasks, too often he would skip his breakfast to meet up with the 8:00 am resumption time. At work, he barely had time for lunch and most time he ate snacks and continue with his work. On the 31st of January, 2022 Mr Joe resumed work as early as always without having his breakfast, he had a lot of to-do lists, which he brought out his laptop and started attending to them. He was called upon by the MD whose office was on the 3rd floor, as he walked up the stairs, he felt a little drowsy, and took it for the normal stress. On reaching the 2nd floor, all that was heard was a loud sound of a fall. Mr Joe was quickly rushed to the hospital, and upon examination, it was found out that he was in a state of hypoglycemic shock, he had also broken his arm as a result of the fall.
By all means, avoid skipping breakfast, it is the most vital meal to help your body through the day, skipping breakfast deprives your brain of the needed glucose. You may not be a fan of breakfast, but your organs certainly are. Just as you can’t embark on a long journey with your car without first fueling the car, so also you can’t start a day on an empty stomach, breakfast is that needed fuel.
Breakfast is a great time to revitalize your body with the vitamins and minerals you may not get elsewhere in your diet. Breakfast helps improve your mood and make you feel less stressed, a busy morning schedule doesn’t have to mean a missed breakfast.
The good thing with breakfast is that you don’t need to be a master chef to have a simple healthy breakfast. You can try any of the following simple healthy breakfast recipes:
Banana Protein Pancake:
This tasty pancake requires only three ingredients and can be prepared in just five minutes.
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
– Peel banana and mash until a fairly smooth consistency is achieved.
– Crack and stir in the eggs, blend until it becomes smooth.
– Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat.
– Grease the pan with olive oil, coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray.
– Pour the batter onto the pan in small pancake circles, after approximately one minute of cooking, flip your pancakes.
– Enjoy them plain, or add a small drizzle of pure honey.
This is a mixture of blended fruits. Fruits that can be used for smoothies include banana, apples, grapes, berries. Smoothies is good to keep your body rehydrated, a great source of antioxidants to help prevent diseases. You can prepare your smoothie a day before and refrigerate it.
Watermelon-kiwi slushy smoothie is perfect for after morning workout, it requires kiwi, Greek yoghurt and sweet watermelon.
1 cup of diced watermelon
1 kiwi, (peeled and chopped)
1 cup vanilla Greek yoghurt
1/2 cup crushed ice
1. put all ingredients into a blender, cover and blend until creamy. Serve immediately.
Yoghurt (sweetened or unsweetened), fruits and nuts are good sources of protein, vitamins and fibre.
Oat and boiled egg: egg and oatmeal combination for breakfast keeps the energy level high throughout the day.
1/2 cup dry oats
1 cup water
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chia seeds
2 teaspoons hot chilli sauce
1 dash ground black pepper
1. Boil water in a pan, and cook oatmeal according to package.
2. When oatmeal is a few minutes away from being done, crack in the egg and stir.
3. pour your soy sauce, chia seeds, and hot chilli sauce and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Cup of tea and toasted bread:
This is common in almost all households, and is a great source of fuel to begin the day with.
Custard and bean cake: this provides protein, vitamins and energy
Sweet potato, egg and avocado hash:
1/2 sweet potato
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch salt
1/4 medium avocado, sliced
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and cut half a sweet potato into small cubes.
3. pour the olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper, pepper and salt.
4. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.
5. While the potato is cooking (about a few minutes away from being ready), add cooking spray to a pan on medium-high heat and cook eggs to your taste.
6. Once the sweet potato is ready, top up with eggs and avocado.
The most important meal of the day is your Breakfast, enjoy the benefits of it and stay healthy all through the day.