Truth has always been fought against and that does not exclude the very Deity (supremacy of power) of our Lord Jesus Christ. But there are many proofs to show that He was and is, and is to come.
As John 1: 1 states, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God”
There is perhaps no doctrine of the Bible that has been attacked with greater subtlety yet vehemence than the doctrine of the deity of Christ—the indisputable fact that Jesus Christ is God.
The very fact that this doctrine has been subject to these incessant attacks throughout history is itself enough proof of its biblical primacy. The question is why fight it if it’s all lies?
We do know that there are many scholarly written articles made up to prove that Jesus Christ isn’t whom Christian’s claim he is. But these claims are worthless because there are proofs to show the deity of Jesus Christ for whom he is and would always be.
Jesus Christ, according to his divine nature, is the only Son of God — eternally begotten, not made nor created, for then he would be a creature. John 1:3….A proof
He is one in essence with the Father; coeternal; the exact image of the person of the Father and the “reflection of his glory,” (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3) being in all things like him….A proof
He is the Son of God not only from the time he assumed our nature but from all eternity….A proof
The Apostle says that “God made the world by his Son.” (Heb. 1:2) He also says that “God created all things by Jesus Christ.” (Col. 1:16) And so it must follow that He who is called God, the Word, the Son, and Jesus Christ already existed if all things were created by him.
If you the reader were asked to prove the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, on what basis or evidences will you base them?
Miraculous proofs of His deity
Though there be many claims in the world today just as it was back then that his kingship and reign was doubted so much but while Jesus Christ was with men physically, my Saviour proved his claim.
Christ did many miracles as proofs of His claim to deity.
Some of the proofs of Jesus’ miracles include:
- Turning water to wine (John 2:7-8) and this was done in the open for those present to see and believe.
- Walking on water (Matthew 14:25).
- Multiplying the loaves for the five thousand people (John 6:11)
- Healing the blind (John 9:7,11), the lame (Mark 2:3), and the sick (Matthew 9:35; Mark 1:40-42);
- and even raising people from the dead (John 11:43-44; Luke 7:11-15; Mark 5:35-42).
Above all, Christ Himself rose from the dead on the 3rd day just as he said he would. Far from the so-called dying and rising gods of pagan mythology, nothing like the resurrection is seriously claimed by other religions, and no other claim has as much extra-scriptural confirmation.
There are many historical truths recorded in the holy book to proof the deity of Jesus that even non-Christian critics scholars would admit is true. Here is an itemized biblical proof of his deity.
Biblical proofs of His diety
- His death by crucifixion. Mark 15:21-32
- His burial. Mark 15:42-47
- His resurrection. Mark 16
- His appearance to his disciples. Mark 16: 9,12,14
- His death caused the disciples to despair and lose hope.
- Jesus’ tomb was discovered (or was claimed to be discovered) to be empty a few days later.
- The disciples believed they experienced appearances of the risen Jesus.
- After this, the disciples were transformed from doubters into bold believers.
- This message was the center of preaching in the early Church.
- As a result of this preaching, the Church was born and it grew. Mark 16
- Resurrection day, Sunday, replaced the Sabbath (Saturday).
- Paul, an enemy of Christianity, was converted by an experience which he believed to be an appearance of the risen Jesus.
Even if someone were to object to this specific list, only a few of these will alone prove the resurrection and establish the gospel: Jesus’ death, burial, resurrection, and appearances (1 Corinthians 15:1-5).
Christ proved His claims to deity through miracles, including the world-altering resurrection. No other hypothesis can explain these facts. Yes, the deity of Christ is very much biblical – no matter the false doctrines or arguments against Christ deity, His deity still stands true and real. His grave was there to prove that He lives and would always live.