TOPIC: LEADERSHIP – THE SEARCH FOR WORLD CHANGERS AND INNOVATORS
Snippets from Mr Paul Kokoricha’s Speech
– Continuous investment in personal development is very important.
– Be ethical, live by the principles that are good for you and that are good for the society.
– To stand out from office politics, declare yourself as a Christian; interrogate the organization (what do they stand for?); don’t lower your standard; and be humble for excellence and hungry for knowledge.
– Being humble does not mean you should lose your passion for excellence.
– Investment is the key to sustainable development.
– Pay the Price: The heights great men achieve is not by sudden flight but they, while others slumber, burn the midnight oil.
– Don’t stand still: Keep on improving, don’t be stagnant.
– Have faith in God and have faith in yourself. No matter what your past may have been, your future is spotless.
– As a young leader yearning to cause change, you must understand the times and anchor everything in life in Jesus.
– It is always good to have some form of equity in what you do. Without this, your actions are considered risky.
– The attractiveness of the sector should inform your decision to invest in it.
Snippets from Mr. John Enoh’s Speech
– Nigeria is a right place to provide solutions because there are problems everywhere. Look for problems to solve.
– Be proactive in working towards your solution.
– Do not be afraid to try or start.
– Have an innovative and proactive mindset.
Snippets from Barr. Uchenna Uwechia’s Speech
– Compromise will destroy your future
– Dreaming Dreams. You need to dream to be great. If you cannot dream dreams, find those who can dream dreams and help them achieve their dreams through partnership.
– Be professional and be very strong in performance.
– Humility doesn’t mean you lose your passion for excellence.
– Be involved in other areas of the organization – volunteer.
– Invest and work in organizations that respect your value.
– If your organization is involved in unethical practices, please quit ASAP. It is better to be jobless than lose your license to operate.
– You shouldn’t be anxious about getting a job; be determined and don’t compromise.
– Ensure that where you work matches what you want to be, otherwise, you will be seen as a misfit.
– If you’re passionate about excellence, you will reach the top.