A new year, A new plan.
The year is indeed new, at least we have the calendar and current date to show for it from a general perspective. This tells us that the clock is ticking and the year is already counting down.
The question is, does the year still seem new to you? What than is new apart from the change of calendar with the date that marks the current day? How prepared are you for what is in stock in the year 2021?
Thomas Edison once said, ” Good fortune is what happens when opportunity meets preparation”.
This brings us to the reality that nothing will change if there is no change of actions and every form of action without coordination will result in failure. This, however, necessitates a Plan.
What than is a Plan?
A plan is a detailed proposal for doing or achieving something. A plan is deciding on and making arrangements for in advance based on what the goal is.
A former U.S. President, Dwight D. Eisenhower, said: “Plans are nothing; planning is everything.” This implies that planning should be a continuous exercise and not a one-time thing in life. This is for obvious reasons as change is constant and plans should be adjustable to meet current demands.
There is a popular saying that If you don’t plan, you’re planning to fail.
In the words of Confucius, a Chinese philosopher “A man who does not plan long ahead will find trouble at his door.”
What should your new year plan entail?
A professional with little or much ambitions and goals for the new year should have plans around the following:
- Health: Anything and everything set to be achieved without good health will be affected. This includes living standard, nutrition and food, exercises, etc
- Relationship: This comprises of internal and external. For internal-families, close friends, and the likes and external may include neighbours, colleagues, etc.
- Financial: This is a crucial aspect of life and necessary to complement another aspect as you plan. Financial intelligence knowledge will help in this aspect.
- Marital: Pre-marital, marriage, and post-marital plans are crucial.
- Spiritual: This should entail how you intend to drive your spirituality to the next level.
- Career and Calling: This should encompass your potentials, calling, purpose, career, etc. This should be in line with your purpose for existence.
- Write out your goals
- Write out your plan daily.
- Brainstorm a quick to-do list.
- Divide your task list between Work and Life.
- Identify two things that MUST be done.
- Include some quick tasks.
- Refer back to your list often.
Every new year present to us opportunities but not without challenges. It’s unfortunate that most people with good expectations only focus on the good side and loss of sight of eventualities.
A British politician and author Benjamin Disraeli, once said: “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.”
Would you say the same thing for your self, even with the eventualities experienced in 2020? If your response is “No”, the lessons are not learned yet.
Take action, plan today for a better tomorrow.